Overclock Android To Boost Performance In The Right Way
INTRODUCTION TO OVERCLOCKING:
Overclocking means forcing the processor to run at speeds higher than the specified speeds.
If you are the one who is looking to overclock the smartphone, then you are in the right place!
We are going to share the methods for overclocking your android device. Follow the below guide to overclocking android to boost your device’s performance.
But before moving ahead, we must know why your smartphones become slow?
Reasons why your smartphones are slow:
There can be a lot of factors responsible that make your Android device slow. Some of them:
- Low RAM
- Outdated processor
- Outdated technology
- Viruses and malware
- CPU clock speed
In maximum cases, limited CPU clock speed is the reason for making your smartphone slow.
Risks and benefits of overclocking android to boost performance:
Overclocking has many benefits, but it comes with some risks too. You should use overclocking when you have no other options available.
Risks of overclocking:
- It may damage your device.
- The overheating issue may take place
- The battery drains faster
- Overclocking new devices terminated your warranty
- CPU’s lifespan
Benefits of overclocking:
- Your device will run very fast
- You can run multiple apps in the background
- Overall performance of your device increases
You will need the following things to overclock android to boost your device performance:
Make sure that you have the below-mentioned things ready before moving ahead:
- Rooted android device
- The device is fully charged
- Backup your files
- Install an overclocking app from Google Playstore
Precaution: it is at your own risk whatever happens to your device. Use with utter precaution.
Steps to Overclock Android to Boost Performance
Step 1: Root your android device.
Step 2: .)
Download SetCPU For Root Users
- Launch the app
- Give superuser access
- Allow the app to scan the present speed of the processor.
- After detection, configure the min. and max speed
- It is necessary for your Android CPU switching.
- Don’t try to hurry and increase the clock speed right away.
- Do it slowly.
- Observe which option works for your device
- After you feel that the speed is stable, click on “Set to Boot.”
- Create a profile. Set the conditions and times when you want SetCPU to overclock.
- For example, you want to overclock your device while playing PUBG, and you can set SetCPU to overclock for the same.
That’s it, and now you have successfully overclocked your device.
Also Read: How to Have a better gaming experience on your Android
Some other suggested apps to Overclock Android:
1. Kernel Adiutor (ROOT)
- Kernel Auditor is one of the best overclocking apps. With the help of this app, you can manage to overclock like a pro.
- you can manage configurations like:
- CPU frequency
- virtual memory
- Also, you Can do backup your files and edit the build-prop.
Download Kernel Adiutor (ROOT)
2. Performance Tweaker
- Performance Tweaker is similar to Kernel Adiutor App.
- We recommend trying this app.
- You can easily configure the following
- CPY HotPlug
- CPU frequencies
- GPU frequency, etc.
- But one drawback is that it is a little bit complicated to use.
Download Performance Tweaker
3. Overclock for Android
- This app makes your device super fast and helps you save battery life.
- You can set custom profiles and gain full control over the app.
4. Faux123 Kernel Enhancement Pro
- Faux123 allows you to tweak CPU voltage and displays GPU frequencies in real-time.
- You have full control over
- CPU governors
- Adjustments of CPU frequencies
Download Faux123 Kernel Enhancement Pro
5. Tegra Overclock
Tegra Overclock helps to switch between
- Battery saving mode (by underclocking)
- Give a performance boost (by overclocking).
Download Regra Overclock
It is also a good option for overclocking your device.
Recommended: 12 Best Penetration Testing Apps For Android 2020
So that’s all about overclocking your android device. Overclocking can boost up your devices’ speed, but it will also lead to more battery consumption. We recommend you use overclocking only for a short time.
Following the steps discussed above will surely boost up your device’s CPU speed and increase your device’s performance.